Other related project provide additional functionality to the core of the Orocos project by extending available components and plugins or with tooling for software development.
A non-exhaustive list of said extensions is listed next:
- Rock: Robot Construction Kit offers a rich development environment and a collection of ready-to-use packages.
Orocos/ROS Components for Light Weight Robots, a.k.a.
rtt_lwris a set of components for controlling the Kuka LWR and IIWA at 1 kHz.
- ROS integration: Integration between Orocos and ROS ecosystem.
- ROS 2 integration: Integration between Orocos and ROS 2 ecosystem.
- SOEM integration: Support of a protocol for industrial realtime communication EtherCAT, derived from the SOEM project. Specially, many Beckhoff DAQ devices are supported.
- iTaSC: instantaneous Task Specification using Constraints is a framework to generate robotics motions using relationships between objects and features.
- eTaSL: is a task specification language for reactive control of robotics systems.